We are fortunate to have two Lead Pastoral Practitioners at Pathways – Jane Brailsford and Zarda Fazil and one Pastoral Practitioner – Karen Young . Their role is to work closely with families to build good communication between home and the Academy. They play a prominent part in supporting and developing a culture of positive behaviour.
The Supportive Curriculum is a bespoke package of support delivered to children in the academy. The aim is to develop children’s social and emotional wellbeing by them accessing the following interventions.
- Time to talk – A programme to develop oral and social interaction skills by developing the following Listening, increasing understanding and use of concepts and vocabulary, conversational skills – eye contact – taking turns – sharing – asking /answering questions attention and memory, making and keeping friends awareness of the needs and feelings of others.
- Positive People – A program to promote a positive self-image, to enable children to develop effective social skills, healthy relationships and greater confidence and motivation to tackle the challenges of life.
- Powerplay – An adult directed structured play group that incorporates playful, cooperative, and nurturing activities that enhance the emotional wellbeing of children
- Keep Cool – A programme to support young people to manage their emotions successfully
- 1:1 Coaching and Mentoring – Weekly sessions to support young people to recognise their strengths and how to achieve goals for the future.
- Daily Support – The Pastoral Team are available throughout the day to support children who have concerns or worries. During playtime and lunchtime children can spend time with them as part of a package of support or just to drop in for a chat.
Oscar, our Academy Dog
Oscar comes into school most days and is very popular with the children. They love spending time with him and he is amazing with children who are having a particularly difficult day.
Jane, Zarda and Karen are very experienced in supporting families who have issues at home. They can offer a broad range of advice and are available anytime.
Individual Children’s Medical needs
Our Individual Health Care Plan Lead, Zarda Fazil, can be contacted if you need to discuss any specific health care needs.
Qualified First Aiders