At Pathways, we recognise the significant contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all children. In addition, we believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
Our aim is to create a high quality physical education environment, which offers our children the opportunity to develop fundamental skills that inspires all pupils to succeed in competitive sport in and out of school. We endeavour to give children the platform to become physically confident, to embed values, respect and fairness and to encourage them to lead healthy active lives.
Our aims for our funding:
- To increase participation rates in sport in our Academy
- To provide competition against other schools
- To ensure provision is inclusive, wide ranging and provides alternative sporting activities
- To ensure effective partnerships and links with other schools and the local community
- To link sport with other areas of the curriculum
- To provide greater awareness about the benefits of activities that undermine pupils’ health
For further information about our Pupil PE and Sport Funding Premium, please click on the links below: