Pathways Academy provides full time education for children from 5 years to 11 years.
Foundation Stage – Nursery and Reception
At Pathways Academy, children aged 3 and 4 years are educated in our Nursery (FS1) which is staffed with a Teacher and a Teaching Assistant.
Parents wishing to put their child’s name down for Nursery may do so once that child has reached the age of two. Please collect an application form from the academy office. Children are then admitted according to their birth date unless there are exceptional circumstances.
In Nursery we admit children the term after their 3rd birthday. The Nursery is staffed by one teacher and one teaching assistant and has places for 19 children on either a half day basis (mornings or afternoons) or full days (if you entitled to the 30 hour funding). Within our Nursery, we aim to offer a caring and stimulating environment for young children.
For each eligible 3 and 4 year old child, Sheffield LA will fund a minimum of 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year which can be taken 2.5 hours per day either 5 mornings or 5 afternoons. If we are unable to offer 15 hours per week you are entitled to claim the remaining hours at another provider.
Pathways Nursery also offers places for children who are entitled to the 30 hour free funded childcare. To access this offer parents/carers must meet the following criteria.
- Earn or expect to earn the equivalent of 16 hours pay at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage over the next three months.
- This threshold applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on a zero hours contract.
- If you are about to start work and will become eligible, you can apply up to 31 days before the job starts
- One or both parents can be absent from the work place due to maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or on statutory sick.
Please see link below to the Sheffield LA website for more detailed information or ask at the academy office:
Enquiries about the Nursery can be directed to Terri Gotheridge (Nursery Teacher) or Janet Wattam (Senior Admin. Officer) by telephone on 0114 231 0044 or via email: email@example.com
Children are admitted into Academy full time as Reception children.
After Reception, during the primary years, children are referred to as Year 1 and 2 (Key Stage 1) or Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 (Key Stage 2).
The academy has an admission number of 60 for reception. When there are more than 60 applications the Local Authority, allocates places to prospective pupils in the following order of priority:
- Children who are allocated to the Academy with a statement of special educational needs, or to those children who are who are looked after by the Local Authority;
- Children who live in the catchment area of the Academy;
- Children who have brothers and sisters in the Academy;
- Children who do not fit into the four preceding categories.
Please note that there is a right of appeal to the Local Authority for those who are not offered places and that the parents of any child who has a Nursery place must still apply for admission to Academy subject to the regulations as outlined.
How to apply
For further information on admissions and how to apply, please click here.
For Admissions and Appeal guidance, please click on the links below:
The Department for Education’s appeals code can be found here.